Sunday, December 8, 2013

Hello All



Hello and welcome to my little corner of the blogging world.
If you've read my about me page at all,
then you know a little about about me
and know that you've probably seen me before!
I've blogged under Ramblings of a Nutcase, Creatively Crafty Jenn,
and The Quirky Craftsters
I am still trying to find my happy little place
and find a blog that I am happy with.
Hopefully this will be the one.

Yes, I am a Soldier in the United States Army
No, I do not agree with everything that our government is doing
No, I don't really want to go to war....
I've been there and done that.
Yes, we are in a time of war,
the longest one in our nation's history,
but I don't exactly like having to go to another country where there is war and death and all that stuff.

Why join the Army then you ask?
When you know there is war and what not going on,
Not everyone is ready for what they are going to see
I've been "downrange" and saw Afghanistan
I lived there for a year of my life
was attacked with rockets and mortars
and all I do is control aircraft!
My tour was easier then some people's
I never left the FOB except to go on leave
But that doesn't mean my life was a walk in the park.
The military isn't for everyone
and once this six year contract is done, 
I will become a civilian and go about my life doing the other things I've always wanted to do
I didn't join because I wanted to be a hero
because I wanted recognition or special discounts or benefits.
I joined because someone had to
someone had to raise their hands and risk their lives to keep everyone else safe
someone had to take the risk of not coming home
after 11 November 2011
 I did it to follow in my big brother's footsteps
Because it seemed to be the right thing for me to do.

I've met some amazing people since I enlisted three years ago
Some of my best friends from across the country are in the service
People I won't ever forget
I also met my boyfriend while stationed here at Fort Bragg.
Its been almost a year now and we've discussed having a future together.

I am a crafter at heart
I want to be a professional photographer
who owns their own little business of selling random crafts
like hair bows, tutus, and drawings.
 I want to share my imagination and point of view with whomever will listen
I want to share the little things that make me happy with everyone who wants to share with me.

That is who I am.
Who I want to be
Who I will be!







No comments:

Post a Comment