Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Anniversary

Today is my 1 year anniversary with my boyfriend Zeke. It might not sound like a big deal to some, but it is to me. There was a time after I found out I was on orders, where he tried to leave me because he didn't think he could handle the distance. I convinced him otherwise. I've also convinced him that he must come visit me in Germany so we can travel Europe together!

Today for our anniversary we were going to go to Olive Garden because its my favorite resteraunt. However, we got snowed in, and instead are spending the day hanging out in his room. He's playing video games and I am working on my computer, but we're spending the day together and that's all that matters (although I should be doing homework....)

I can't believe that a year has already passed so quickly and tomorrow starts our journey toward year 2. It's going to be challenging with him being back home in Ohio and me being in Germany, but we're at least going to give it a try. If it doesn't work out because of the distance... then at least we can say that we gave it a try.

This is probably my favorite picture of us currently (mostly because he smiled without being told too cuz he hates smiling for pictures). It sits in a frame on my nightstand and used to sit on my desk at work. This was I can always glance at it and it'll make me smile.

This guy has been absolutely amazing. He's dealt with a lot with me, but most men do for their girls. We used to go to the local country bar every couple of paychecks and hang out and dance and have fun. I've met a couple of amazing people through him. He's gone to several company events just to spend time with me. He was there when I found out my friend Zack died, he went with me to his grave when we were in FL, he spent four days in Florida with me to meet my friends and family, goes to my craft fairs to keep me company, puts up with all my crafty adventures, and stays with me when I house sit for a friend so I'm not alone. There is a lot more, but we don't have enough time... haha.... and I don't want to bore the crap out of all of you. He takes care of me, makes me smile, makes me super happy, he's all I could've asked for in a partner.

Just wanted to post this today to say thanks to the greatest guy I know. He means the world to me and this year has been amazing. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us!



No comments:

Post a Comment