Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Those most important to me

I'm in a reminiscent mood today, and felt like sharing a little about the people most important to me.

My family (L-R): Parents, Jr and family, me, younger brother, younger sister 
My Parents- My mom has been my hero and my best friend my whole life. We've had our ups and downs, but she's always been there for me. No matter the distance. I met my Dad when I was 9 years old, and he's the only father I've ever needed. We're a lot alike, him and I.... and sometimes its a little ridiculous since we're not blood related. I wouldn't trade him for the world tho! Terry, my older brother was always my hero as well. He was a Marine and part of the reason I enlisted in the military. His wife, Miana, is an amazing woman and I am so happy they have each other. She fits in so well with my crazy family and I am super happy to have met her. Kennedy and Milo are my niece and nephew and are as cute as can be. My younger brother Jordan and I have lived together almost his whole life. He is the youngest of my siblings and the one I am closest too. We really did grow up together, although he is five years younger then myself. He's loony, crazy, and generally a pain in the butt.... but I am happy to have him as a brother. My younger sister Makayla and I have never met in person. She was raised by her biological father and we only started talking when I was 18. One day I hope to meet her in person, we're a lot alike, and she even looks a lot like me, but I don't know when that will be.


My best friend: This crazy chick... Lindsay.... and I have been friends for roughly ten years now. We met when I was in 7th grade and she was in 8th, we were in a special music class together and we've been stuck together ever since. We've gone months without talking and picked it back up like nothing ever happened. This chick will be my Maid of Honor if I ever get married because there is no one else I'd rather have by my side on that special day then her (we've talked about it because I was engaged a couple years ago and luckily that fell apart quickly) There isn't much that we wouldn't do for each other! I can't wait to travel Europe with her!!!





The boyfriend: I talk about him a lot, here on the blog and a lot in my life. He means the world to me and is the best thing to happen to me since I was much younger. :) People have commented that I smile a lot more now with him in my life and I wouldn't trade him for the world. He makes me super happy, can always make me smile when I'm feeling bad or having a bad day, takes care of me when I am sick, and he puts up with my crazy weirdness. He accepts that I am super crafty and goes with the flow, even takes an interest every once in a while. He watches my silly Disney/ Pixar movies and I watch his weird guy movies that I really have no interest in. He's an amazing guy and I know that I can talk to him about anything.





"Little Brother": Kolby is one of my best friends here at Fort Bragg. I remember when he got here, he was a strange kid coming to us from Korea. He's really strange... haha... kind of all over the place and very forgetful. He's really young, and sometimes he seems younger then he really is. He and I are a lot alike, besides the fact that we're both from Texas and we're both Cowboys fans (yes, we're aware they suck but we're still fans). He's helped me through some tough times this past year and I am very happy to have met him. He's silly and sometimes that's just what I need after a stressful day at work.





My Boo- Haha, thats what she calls me anyways. Kelli is my newest best friend and it has been so amazing to have her around. She is my replacement in most every way at work and she is super dedicated. She's just an amazing woman, she invited me and boyfriend into her house on Christmas Day for dinner, and we often just like to sit and talk and mess around. We're a lot alike and sometimes I forget that she is actually older then me. Her kids are adorable! And her photography is pretty spot on!

These are just some of the important people in my life. There are a couple more, but I don't have pictures of them and have to dig through their Facebook pages to find some good ones. Haha. I will probably make another post similar to this one later on, especially when I really get to missing everyone during my new adventure.

Family and friends are some of the most important things in life. The people you know you can trust and rely on.




No comments:

Post a Comment