Friday, January 31, 2014

Handmade Series- Envelopes

I thought I might start a new blog series, since the point of this blog is crafting, and share my handmade envelopes. They are mostly used for pen pals, but I think I'm going to make them for my scrapbook and to send cards and stuff home to family and friends.

 These were my first attempt at making my own envelopes. I took one I had bought, opened it up, traced it onto the red paper on the bottom left, cut it out, and glued it together. I quickly fell in love with being able to make my own envelopes! Plain ones are so boring!
The airplane one and the one on the right are made from scrapbook paper, the red one is made from Christmas stationary!

 More scrapbook paper adventures.

 Kinda crappy picture... but these are all made from some random pad of 8.5" X 11" blue and brown patterned scrapbook paper. Rather fond of how these turned out and almost don't want to use them. Haha.

This was my first attempt at decorating a plain envelope. I saw the idea on Pinterest ((see my pen pal board)) and wanted to give it a try. I wrote her name in a blue cloud, mine n some odd shape, and the drew the hearts. I then decided to add lines to it... dunno why.... but I love how this one turned out and I was slightly sad to see it go.

Do you make your own envelopes or decorate plain white ones?


No comments:

Post a Comment